Nachsendeantrag explained- when moving within Germany or leaving the country (Permanent or Temporary Change of Address Order / redirection service)
First Steps after your move
If you have found a new apartment – congratulations first of all! The first order of business is to tell all providers, the bank and official offices (Ummeldung – change of address with the Bürgeramt!) that you have a new address. That can be simply done by sending an email or letter to them, stating your new address – have a look at this blog about the issue of Nachsendeantrag explained.
The same applies when you are leaving Germany – tell all companies and providers you have a contract with that you are leaving.
Make sure your mail gets to you
For some providers or companies, it might take a while to change your new address in their system. In order for you not to miss out on any mail, get a Nachsendeantrag from the post. This is done in a couple of simple steps:
- First of all, visit http://www.nachsendeantrag.de/ and click on Nachsendantrag erteilen
- For“Grund der Nachsendung” pick „Umzug“ (moving) and the start date and length of your Nachsendenatrag.
- Furthermore, scroll down and fill in the form with Anrede (Frau= Ms/Mrs or Herr=Mister), your title , your name, email and telephone.
- Below „Weitere Personen“ fill in the info for you spouse/children/housemates – other people than you that shall receive mail at your new address! Right under „Bisherige Adresse“ fill in your old address (only click the box below if you hold a p.o. box only). Below „Neue Adresse“ fill in your new address.
- Now decide if you want a “Umzugsmitteilung“ that is the post telling business contacts (banks, insurances) your new address or not. Click: “Ohne Umzugsmitteilung” and further. Note to only click on Zusatzleistung if you decide that you want parcels and packages to be forwarded to your new address.(For 6,99 € per parcel and Info post – usually commercials.)
- Chose „In den Warenkorb“ button below and fill in your payment details under „Rechnungsanschrift“ . Leave your bank details below „Zahlungsdaten“ (optionally you can choose Credit Card, online payments etc. ).
- Lastly, you will see an overview of your order on the next screen and then get a confirmation by Email. Voilà – you have successfully forwarded your mail.
Get support when you need it
No time to set this up? Get in touch with us- the Lost in Translation team will sort everything out for you!